Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ding-dong, Pizza's Here!


For Halloween this year, I imagine a lot of little girls will be dressed as Elsa from Frozen and other favorite characters, and little boys will be Ninja Turtles or some other crime-fighting hero. What does my eight-year-old want to dress as? Not Ironman, nor a cowboy, nor a skeleton.

This year, Michael is going as a pizza delivery guy. The idea came about during a conversation he was having with his grandpa, and Michael became excited about the prospect. He said he plans to ring the doorbells and instead of saying, “Trick-or-Treat,” he will say, “Pizza Guy!”

As I’m writing this, I’m on the hunt for a uniform for him to wear, along with an empty pizza box he can carry. He anticipates people putting the candy in the pizza box instead of a bag, for the full effect. I’m excited to see how it works out for him, and I’ll be sure to include a picture next week.

He mentioned it would be cool if he could give every house a pizza, and I told him that would just get too expensive, as the return on the investment wouldn’t be that great. He also informed me that I’ll need to be close by with a bag to dump his candy in, as it might get awkward carrying a heavy box around all night.

I’m excited for my son this year, because Halloween is on a Friday night. Which means, he can stay out a bit later than he’s been able to do in the past. He’s excited to make people laugh, and there’s no greater joy in life than laughing with people. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment