Thursday, January 3, 2019

Last year, around this time, I had a lot of hope for 2018. I looked forward to closing some doors, and opening others wide open to see what was on the other side. I glimpsed back on 2017 with a smile, knowing I gave it my all, and looked at 2018 with eagerness and joy. And, 2019 looks to be full of the same hopes and dreams, and a little more love for me.

I found new love, and new dreams, in 2018. Back in April, I met a guy online (because, that’s simply how you have to meet people nowadays, though it certainly wasn’t my favorite, and I could probably write a book on my online dating experiences). However, immediately, I knew that he was different. I could tell from the first time I met him that this was going to be something special.

Over the next several months, we went out as often as possible. In the beginning, it was tough, because dating with kids and jobs and responsibilities proved to be a challenge. But, we continued to make time for each other and get to know one another as much as possible. Somewhere along the way, we both fell in love.

We went through the motions of introducing our kids, first to us, then to one another. Then we met the parents on both sides. It all seemed natural, exciting, and as each day and week passed, I found myself caring more and more about this man.

He is a true gentleman, handsome, caring and funny. He makes me smile all the time and he truly feels like home. So, it was inevitable, then, that on December 22, eight months after our first date, he asked me to marry him. It wasn’t a surprise to me, because we had talked about our future since the beginning, and I got to a point where I couldn’t imagine one without him in it.

In 2018, this Mary found her Joseph, quite literally. I’m heading into 2019 with a lot of love in my heart, a beautiful ring on my hand, and the promise of forever from a man who will hold my hand through whatever life throws my way. It’s going to be a Happy New Year for me, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment