Thursday, August 8, 2019

Some people don’t like change. My son, for instance, is the first to notice something out of place at home, and seems to have an attachment to most things that he’s grown up with (cars, furniture, etc.). For me, though, change can be exciting. Like, the start of a new school year, for instance. Though my calendar no longer coincides with that of the schools, I still feel a sense of new beginning this time of year.

Transitions happen many times throughout our lives, whether through personal changes or taking on new challenges in our careers. We’re in the process of transition here at the Advocate. As you may have read a few weeks ago, our sports editor has moved on to a new industry, and we began our search for someone to join our family business.

We’ve found a new member for our team, and I’ll let her introduce herself to you all next week. In the meantime, though, we are busy filling the pages with the local news and sports you’ve come to expect from our paper, and we look forward to having a new set of eyes and fresh ideas brought to the table. I’m excited about this change, and I’m hopeful that we’ll be able to bring you an even better product each week (and maybe a few extras here and there, too).

With the new school year comes some new possibilities. I can’t wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment