Friday, September 20, 2019

Be kind. Two little words painted by little hands that truly made my day. A day that I was sort of dreading, knowing before I even woke up that it would be a long one, I arrived to work with weight on my shoulders and an overall grumpy attitude.

Putting pictures on the page, I began to get excited for the kids over at Meadowmere Elementary School in Grandview to see their story on the kindness rocks they made last week. Then I thought: what if there’s a rock outside my office and I missed it? So, I headed outside.

I looked all around the front of our building. There weren’t any in the bushes. There were none near the newspaper stand. And I didn’t see anything in the flower boxes. A little bummed, I headed back inside. That’s when I saw it. The small, colorful rock was sitting in the corner of door frame. Somehow, I missed it (as did my coworkers) when I walked through it this morning.

I picked it up, smiled big, and read the words: be kind. A nice little reminder to be kind to myself and others. Who knew a little rock could have such an impact on a person’s day?

I plan to take the kindness rock I found to another location, and I look forward to watching the Facebook page to see where it ends up. Maybe it’ll make someone else’s day just a little bit better and brighter, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment