Thursday, November 7, 2019

In the middle columns of this page, Gerald Caldwell writes about a true American hero. A man who, when confronted literally head on with serious challenges, he trudged on. Every year, when Veterans Day comes around, I look forward to reading and hearing the stories of the men and women who have sacrificed so much for this great country of ours.

I think we’d be hard-pressed to find a family without someone who has served or is currently serving in our military. Each of us has likely been affected, either directly or indirectly, by service for the country. Men and women who are willing to put service above self, who are honorable and almost fearless, and who are much braver than I, are the true heroes and they should be celebrated.

My grandfathers were all in the service. My brother served in the Marine Corps, as did my fiancĂ©. Our family is no stranger to the selflessness it takes to be a part of our military, and I’m personally grateful to each of these men in my life who put on their uniforms in the name of America while they did.

To all of our area veterans, we salute you. We honor you. We thank you. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. We see you. We recognize you. We owe you more than we can give. Happy Veterans Day to all who have served. And may God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment