Thursday, January 2, 2020

Auld Lang Syne has been sung. The champagne bottles have been emptied. The Christmas tree has been put away (at least it has in my house). The black-eyed peas have been eaten. The new year has officially begun.
I’m a fan of new years. I’m not necessarily the type to make resolutions, because I know I’m not going to stick to making any real changes. But, I’ve always loved the idea of a fresh slate. The new year brings hope for great things, and that’s something I can definitely get behind.

As we look back on 2019, and look forward to 2020, I am reminded of the good, the bad, and sometimes ugly stories of the past year. Putting together the year in review issue is, for me, a time of reflection. It truly seems like just yesterday that the events on the front page of this week’s paper took place. I remember each of them clearly, and I recall the emotions I felt covering each story.

The new year will bring some new things into my life. Probably the biggest is that my last name will change come Memorial Day. Apart from the changes in my personal life, 2020 will bring a few new ideas and concepts to the Advocate, as well.

In 2020, our readers can expect to see a little more from us. Starting with the Homegrown in the Hometown special section in the first quarter of the year, which will feature some of your favorite family-owned businesses, we will be busy bringing you more content and more of what you like to read.

We will also look at ramping up our services we offer. We’d like for local businesses and individuals to consider us a one-stop-shop for all of their marketing and public relations needs. Think of us when you need newsletters designed, content written, social media help or news coverage at your events. Combined, we have many years of experience in all things news, and we’d love to be put to work to help you tell your stories.

Happy New Year to all of our readers, advertisers, supporters and friends. Without each of you, our work wouldn’t be possible. We thank you for a successful and fun 2019, and we look forward to what the future of 2020 can bring. Cheers to new beginnings and old traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment