Thursday, April 30, 2020

As the clock struck midnight and we celebrated the start of a new year, 2020 looked promising. Personally, the beginning of 2020 meant the end of the holidays, and a time where I can shift my focus on what will happen in the coming year.

For all of 2019, I was planning my wedding to my future husband. Since we’ve both been married before, we decided on a small gathering of family and close friends in my parents’ backyard (which happens to be park-like and gorgeous in the spring). Spending a lot of time going over dates and trying to please those who are closest to us, we decided on Memorial Day weekend 2020; a time when family from out of town can stay for a little while and the weather (and flowers) will likely be as close to perfect as we could ask.

Then along came coronavirus, and little by little, we saw our plans deteriorate over the last month. I’m not heartbroken, and I’m not going to become a bridezilla and demand that things still go my way. But, our plans have had to change. It is what it is, and we’re just going to have to be okay with that.

I consider myself lucky that I didn’t have a big soiree planned. There aren’t flower orders to cancel or event spaces to find. I know that there are a lot of other people in that boat; some who are having to rearrange their plans entirely.

I’m hoping we don’t have to do that. So, I’m crossing my fingers that the county government opens back up just in time for us to grab a marriage license and begin our happily ever after. The party may have to wait, but it will still go on. May is the month I’m going to marry my best friend, and come hell, high water, or COVID-19, we’re going to make this wedding happen...one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment